It took decades of long hours and hard work but you’re finally starting to look at retiring from your nine-to-five — which, let’s be honest, was never quite so regular. Early morning flights, late night phone calls, and a never-ending trickle of things that needed your immediate attention. But there’s good news! Now, you’re approaching the finishing line and starting to think about the freedom ahead of you.
Undoubtedly, you have questions:
- How can I guarantee income in retirement when we now live in a 2.5% world?
- How can I manage the inevitable ups and downs of a historic bull market?
- Am I properly invested and doing everything I can to prepare for the years ahead?
- How do I know what my risk tolerance is based on my income?
Here at Magellan Financial, we have a strategy to manage those risks and get you 4% in a 2.5% world. After all, your Retirement Is For Living.
We Help Manage the Risks of Retirement for You
You have worked hard and saved for several years now, but like many approaching retirement age, you are probably wondering “will it be enough?” Part of our Retirement Is For Living planning process involves a careful consideration of the various risks you may encounter in the forthcoming decades, including:
- Personal and Family Risks: employment issues, change in your marital status, and the needs of other family members often derail well-constructed retirement plans
- Healthcare and Housing Risks: unforeseen medical bills, the need to change housing, and the lack of available caregivers are major expenses that impact budgets
- Financial Risks: rising inflation, fluctuating interest rates, and stock market losses underscore the need for a thoughtful portfolio that manages risk and protects cash flow
- Public Policy Risks: the possibility of higher taxes and reduced benefits from Medicare and Social Security loom over any retirement planning process
Even carefully designed retirement plans are susceptible to unexpected events. With thoughtful planning, the adverse consequences from many risks can be reduced or mitigated. Understanding post-retirement risks and integrating them into your retirement planning is the first step in ensuring that your Retirement Is For Living.
Early in your career but still seeking help with your retirement planning?
Contact Magellan Financial Today!
Live the Retirement You’ve Been Working Toward
Planning for retirement doesn’t just stop at your retirement date. It’s a continuous process that adapts based upon your current circumstances and how your unique, retirement situation is impacted by the risks outlined above. One thing’s for certain: The more flexibility you can have during your retirement, the better off you’ll be. Other key elements we consider to help you realize the retirement you’ve been working toward:
- Continuously reevaluate your Retirement Lifestyle
- Budget for Retirement in a way that addresses your priorities, first
- Stay on top of your overall Finances and Health
- Know when to take Security Security and how to maximize Future Income Streams
- Estate Planning Strategies to protect your assets and your legacy
Overall, Magellan Financial believes that professional wealth management has only one definition of success: when our financial services allow our clients to realize their lifestyle and savings goals in retirement. Our thorough, thoughtful, risk-based strategies are designed to support your greatest objectives, so you have the freedom to enjoy them. After all, your Retirement Is For Living.
You care about your family’s financial security, and so do we. Contact our Retirement Advisors today and let’s talk about our Retirement Planning Services.
Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network and its financial advisors provide non-fiduciary services only. They do not provide investment advice [as defined under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 as amended (“ERISA”), have any discretionary authority with respect to the plan, make any investment or other decisions on behalf of the plan, or otherwise take any action that would make them fiduciaries to the plan under “ERISA”.
Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network and its affiliates do not provide legal or tax advice. Transactions requiring tax consideration should be reviewed carefully with your accountant or tax advisor. Any estate plan should be reviewed by an attorney who specializes in estate planning and is licensed to practice law in your state